[rfc-i] Wider space after sentence-ending periods, yes or no?

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Fri Apr 12 14:00:40 PDT 2013

First, of all, this is perhaps the ultimate bikeshed discussion.

Second... PINK!

By which I mean to say... when I write HTML, I always put two spaces
after full-stops because it makes the monospaced source code more
readable for editing purposes, assuming one works in units of
sentences. Sometimes I even hit return so the sentence is on its own
line. This works well because browsers cheerfully and correctly ignore
authors’ naive ideas about where space should go, and exercise
reasonably good typographic judgment as to dealing the space out in
each line of text. -T