[rfc-i] Request for information - other SDO's and style guides

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Thu Apr 11 11:44:40 PDT 2013

Hello all,

While I have the editorial style guides for several SDO's (IEEE, W3C,
ITU, ISO) that provide guidance on language and grammar, none of those
style manuals provide guidance for the HTML, PDF, ODT, DOC, or whatever
format(s) they use to publish their standards.  The closest is the W3C
which points authors to a separate document on XML, XMLspec, and XSLT.
I have a suspicion that other standards bodies either have this kind of
information purely for their editorial staff or they accept whatever is
provided by the authors with no further cleanup.

Does anyone have pointers or information they might share regarding a
technical style manual from another SDO?

TIA,

Heather