[rfc-i] Releasing RFCs at end-of-day

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Apr 10 18:27:55 PDT 2013

On 4/10/13 7:11 PM, Sandy Ginoza wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On Apr 10, 2013, at 5:24 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>
>> Greetings again. RFC announcements typically go out after 5PM Pacific Time. That seems unlikely to be the actual time that they were actually ready for publication. If that is a policy and not just a very skewed random chance, can someone explain it?
>
> There is no policy about the time of day during which RFCs must/should be published.  They can be published at any time of the day.  The coincidence is likely a result of the work style of the staff members publishing the documents.

True. For instance, RFC 6120 was published at 15:32 PDT on March 30,
2011, but that was during IETF 80 so the local time in Prague was 2:32
AM (Sandy and I both happened to be working in the Hilton lobby at the
time). But perhaps the editors always just function on Pacific time... ;-)

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/