[rfc-i] Scanning non-ASCII text

Leonard Rosenthol lrosenth at adobe.com
Sun Sep 30 08:00:31 PDT 2012

>The difference is whether the signed document validates against the document schema or not.

While true, I have not heard a single person state that schema validation is a requirement at any point in the process.  If it were, then sure.

Also, there is an unanswered question which is quite important to this discussion...
WHICH document are we signing and/or validating?   The editing/authoring document?  The distributed document? The final/published work?  Any/All/Other??

>XML Signature does not allow you to take a random XML document, add a signature inside it and still have a valid document according to the >original schema, that is only the case if the original schema anticipates use of XML Signature.

True, though you can use the XML Signature as an enveloping signature which contains the RFC XML.

Leonard