[rfc-i] Scanning non-ASCII text

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 10:23:13 PDT 2012

I cannot see any relevance or utility in the ability to round trip between
physical document formats.

If we have ever lost the electronic format of documents published from 2010
on then we deserve to suffer.

This problem is a concern but a very very minor one. I would place it
somewhat lower than the impact of an alien invasion on the RFC series and
rather higher than dealing with a zombie invasion.

The US CDC has a plan for dealing with zombie invasions, I do not think the
IETF needs to plan for that eventuality,

http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2011/05/preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse/

Website: http://hallambaker.com/