[rfc-i] Reasons for going beyond ASCII art

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Tue Sep 25 08:06:23 PDT 2012

On 9/25/2012 7:56 AM, Ole Jacobsen wrote:
> I agree, this is a complicated issue. Speaking as someone who has
> worked with 2-color publications for 25 years, I cannot tell you
> the number of times I have had to "reduce" a multi-colored original
> down to 2 (or 1) color.

For every proposed change, we ought to develop a tally of key points:

1.  What problems in the use of RFCs are caused by /not/ changing?

2.  How will the proposed change fix that deficiency in the utility of
RFCs?"

3.  What problems or issues are /created/ by the change?

4.  Justify the trade-off.

d/

--
  Dave Crocker