[rfc-i] Notes on "submission format"

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Fri Sep 21 17:52:11 PDT 2012

On 9/21/2012 5:39 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> I agree that Dave's formulation is true; I think it hides a part of the process that has been empirically shown to be misunderstood, even by people who are active in this conversation.

For the topic of the sentence, hiding the 'process' is a feature, not a
bug.  The sentence is describing the meaning of a format term.  It is
not describing the RFC Editor process.

Yes it has to refer to one aspect of the process, but no it doesn't need
to explain it.  That belongs elsewhere.  Maybe text that defines the
term Submission...?

d/
--
  Dave Crocker