[rfc-i] Technical changes after AUTH48

Russ Housley housley at vigilsec.com
Tue Oct 16 08:57:02 PDT 2012

Publishing a document that has known technical flaws does not seem like the right thing to do.

In the past, the sponsoring AD has made a judgement call about the changes.  In the past 5+ years, when in doubt, the AD has raised a question with the WG or the IETF mail list during AUTH48.  In one case, a new WG Last Call and a new IETF Last Call were performed.  Based on the magnitude of the changes that you are suggesting here, the amount of discussion that has taken place on the WG mail list will help determine the appropriate actions.

Russ