[rfc-i] Comments about draft-flanagan-style-00

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Mon Nov 12 08:06:38 PST 2012

On 11/11/2012 9:02 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
>>          Personal web pages are not considered stable and will not be
>>          accepted as a reference.
>
> This might be hard to check in practice.

Not 'might'.  Will.

Is bbiw.net a personal page?  Is dcrocker.net?

What are the objective characteristics that distinguish them?

The reality, here, is that "permanent" never is.  Anywhere.

Some things simply have a much longer decay time and we have few
reliable criteria for ensuring that a particular site is one of the
longer ones.

d/

--
  Dave Crocker