[rfc-i] Comments about draft-flanagan-style-00

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Mon Nov 12 07:02:23 PST 2012

On 11/12/2012 1:37 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Well, the cited ID *is* stable (as it is inmutable) -- "not finished" is
> the thing we need to convey.

Hmmm.  I think this distinction hasn't been noticed in this or any
related thread:  A complete I-D citation (with version number) is to a
frozen snapshot of a document.

We keep it forever and we don't change it.

So yes, it's quite 'stable'.  "Not finished" is the right description.

For this sort of discussion, it's worth being accurate.

d/

--
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking