[rfc-i] Comments about draft-flanagan-style-00

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Mon Nov 12 07:02:23 PST 2012

On 11/12/2012 1:37 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Well, the cited ID *is* stable (as it is inmutable) -- "not finished" is
> the thing we need to convey.

Hmmm.  I think this distinction hasn't been noticed in this or any
related thread:  A complete I-D citation (with version number) is to a
frozen snapshot of a document.

We keep it forever and we don't change it.

So yes, it's quite 'stable'.  "Not finished" is the right description.

For this sort of discussion, it's worth being accurate.

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking