[rfc-i] "wysiwyg" requirement

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Sat Nov 10 03:35:13 PST 2012

On 2012-11-10 12:24, Andrew G. Malis wrote:
> Julian,
>
> NroffEdit gives you two windows next to each other, one with the nroff
> input and the other with the rendered output. You can edit in either
> window and the other window is automatically updated in real time to
> reflect the change. Both the .nroff and .txt are also saved to your disk
> simultaneously. That should satisfy your requirement.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

Andy,

I know how NroffEdit works, and I don't have a particular requirement
here. What I'm trying to say is that we should be careful with what we
ask for, and that if we add "must be better as or equal to *any* tool we
have right now", we'll likely get nowhere (remember: there are people
editing documents with Word).

Best regards, Julian