[rfc-i] Minutes posted

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Fri Nov 9 08:27:20 PST 2012

On 11/9/12 11:05 AM, Russ Housley wrote:
> The minutes say:
>
> * room definitely split between people who feel a change is necessary at some level (argument about the word "necessary") and people who feel change is not necessary at this time
>
> This does not capture my experience.  I would say that people think it is not necessary, but people think it is very highly desirable for a new format to be available.  And, fairly soon.

Thanks, Russ.  That word "necessary" elicited some interesting feedback.

With regards to making "a new format available", I think this reflects
the ongoing confusion regarding which format we're talking about
changing.  I read your statement as your understanding of a community
desire to make additional rendered formats available more than community
desire to make a single revised canonical format available.  Did I
understand that correctly?

Any changes made will not happen in one fell swoop, so I don't know if
I'll hit the "fairly soon" mark in anyone's minds or not.  Actually, I'm
pretty sure I will totally miss the mark with some, be fine with others,
and so on.  I will certainly continue to move as quickly as seems
reasonable, taking in to account what both the RFC Editors and the
communities of interest can handle.

-Heather