[rfc-i] RFC Format: Update from IETF85

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Thu Nov 8 14:37:24 PST 2012

On 11/8/2012 4:42 PM, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:
> On 11/8/12 4:21 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
>> I'll suggest one more, because it seemed to me to be a meta-point:
>>     A number of issues are contingent. A requirement applies to some
>> cases and not others.  Being careful to specify the constrains for
>> applying such requirements is a hassle both to the specifier and the
>> reader, but I fear it is essential.
> Hi Dave,
> I am pretty sure I know what you mean but to verify, would you provide
> an example, please?

you want me to be specific and unambiguous?  damn.  that's no fun...

but just to appease your absurdly unreasonable demand that I be clear:

      Variable-width fonts are only permitted for free-running
      prose in paragraphs.

      Color may be used for visual emphasis but must not be
      essential to understanding (to avoid detriment for the

you are ever-so welcome.

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking