[rfc-i] open issues: character encoding of names

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Thu May 31 15:28:54 PDT 2012

I'm +1 on Andrew's proposal.

On 5/31/12 12:48 PM, "Yoav Nir" <ynir at checkpoint.com> wrote:

> We might relax this where it's a simple accent, such as for most European
> languages, because most fonts support those, but if you have Cyrillic, Greek,
> Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, or Japanese characters in your name, you need to give
> us a hint on how to pronounce it.

It would be nice for the names to be related where possible.  In some
cultures where this is not possible, people often have an "English name"
that they use for international collaboration - this is true for all of our
team members in China, for example.

As long as both names have some reputation associated with them, and we're
"pretty sure" they correspond to the same person, then we should be fine.

I would prefer that we did not knowingly accept documents for anonymous
pseudonyms.

--
Joe Hildebrand