[rfc-i] open issues: small and mobile screens

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Thu May 31 13:18:17 PDT 2012

On 5/31/2012 11:56 AM, Tim Bray wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Joe Touch<touch at isi.edu>  wrote:
>> Cellphones are not currently practical for reading books or paper-length
>> output from other sources.
>
> Joe, that’s simply not true.
>
> My my current phone is 720 x 1280 and I use it to read The Economist
> every week, Kindle books when I don’t have my tab, and a huge variety
> of large-size HTML publications.

And a large number of commercial organizations have converted their
sites to have different mobile and large-format HTML. Including Google.

Whether anyone wants to use severely limited devices this way is
different from having these extrema drive the process.

Again, I provided a limit: XVGA at 7" diagonal.

If you don't like that limit, again I ask:

	- do you have a limit at all?

	- if so, what do you propose?

Joe