[rfc-i] open issues: small and mobile screens

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Thu May 31 12:57:58 PDT 2012

* Andrew Sullivan wrote:
>This is another of my attempts to engage with particular issues the
>RSE says are open.  In this case, it is, "Want the RFC to be suitable
>for small screens/mobile devices."

I think this is a solved problem for "flowing" text, and probably can't
be solved with reasonable effort for complex things like diagrams and
tables and things like that, at least not if you also want access to be
convenient (you might have to scroll a lot to study a wide table). You
may have this problem with .txt versions, but you can just use the HTML
versions or whatever else people are offering. Put differently, I'm not
convinced there is a problem and that we can and should try to solve it
as part of deciding about changes to the format.