[rfc-i] open issues: character encoding of names

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Thu May 31 11:14:30 PDT 2012

I would have preferred if the series adds features sparingly and of
absolute necessity - in general.

Since examples of internationalized protocols clearly require
international character sets, we have to find a way to deal with this
anyway.

If we have to support it, author guidelines should limit their use as
sparingly as possible, e.g.:
	protocol examples
	author names and addresses

I hope that internationalize demail addresses are provided in two forms
- internationalized and their ASCII equivalents (e.g., IDNA), at least
for the forseeable future.

Joe