[rfc-i] verifying where we do/don't have consensus

Ole Jacobsen ole at cisco.com
Thu May 31 09:18:41 PDT 2012

Before we can measure consensus I would like to see a "bigger picture"
discussion of what it is exactly we are trying to achieve. It has been
suggested, for example, that "real graphics," (maybe line drawings as
the ones found in patent applications) are "highly desirable," but I
have not seen much discussion about this as functional "requirement"
(and I use that word loosely). Instead, I see a lot of detailed
technical discussion about HTML, XML and the like, all important
stuff, but to me these are "engineering details" and not overall
design and architecture discussions.

Maybe I am the only one who feels this way?

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole at cisco.com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj
Skype: organdemo