[rfc-i] Who uses Word, was Proposed new RFC submission requirements

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Tue May 29 11:47:01 PDT 2012

On 5/29/12 11:51 AM, "Joe Touch" <touch at isi.edu> wrote:

> You're adding requirements that have not been stated before.

I thought we had the ability to retrieve information from the document on
the list of requirements.  If not, it should be.

As well, it's completely reasonable that as we talk more about the solution
space, we'll reach consensus on added requirements.

> We need a list of requirements to determine what solutions exist, or
> whether there is no solution at all.

I would suggest we can also clarify the priority of the requirements to see
if there is a solution that is better than what we have without tracking to
*all* of the lower-priority requirements.

Unless we're trying to prove that there is no solution, so we have to stay
with the broken status quo rather than improving at all.

--
Joe Hildebrand