[rfc-i] Substantial revision

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Tue May 29 11:41:54 PDT 2012

On 5/29/12 12:19 PM, "Joe Touch" <touch at isi.edu> wrote:

>> We thought Stringprep was forever.
>
> Then you didn't create 6122 with the intent of generating a -bis within
> 5 years.

Speaking as the chair of the xmpp WG, we *absolutely* created 6122 with the
intent that it would have a -bis immediately.  This happened roughly at the
same time as the formation of the precís WG, and it was the only way we
could figure out to move the core XMPP specs forward in the face of known
inadequacies of our i18n framework.

If it takes us 5 years to get precís done and therefore 6122bis, I'll see
that as a failure of both the xmpp and precís WGs.

We're *way* off-topic in this part of the discussion now.

> Regardless, it shouldn't take all that long to convert from .txt into
> xml2rfc, Word, or nroff formats. There's benefit to having a clean
> version from which to start, regardless.

I'd rather not have to do the sort of busy work at which computers excel.

--
Joe Hildebrand