[rfc-i] Better markup may get processed faster

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Tue May 29 10:09:31 PDT 2012

On 5/29/12 10:45 AM, "Joe Touch" <touch at isi.edu> wrote:

> Sure, but the delay for checking
> grammar and spelling is a similar - but
much more common (all docs need such
> checks, vs. a subsetfor ABNF or code).

Grammar and spelling can be checked by people with copy-editing skills.
ABNF requires a skillet that is not as common in that population.

Think about the cost of the people involved.

> Optimizing for these sorts of things
> is a good way to end up with a
system that is complex enough to result in
> delays elsewhere too.

I wrote an ABNF parser in JavaScript over the weekend
(https://github.com/hildjj/node-abnf).  It wasn't that complex.

Could you give an example of the sorts of the delays you're worried about?
I'm concerned that this might have been an off-the-cuff statement without
any technical basis.

--
Joe Hildebrand