[rfc-i] Who uses Word, was Proposed new RFC submission requirements

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Mon May 28 08:29:29 PDT 2012

On May 28, 2012, at 1:28 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> On 2012-05-28 05:47, Joe Touch wrote:
>> Some use it to check code and abnf.
>>
>> If you're serious about automated tools, grammar and spelling count.
>
> There's no problem with people using Word to check grammar and spelling. But there *is* a problem if suddenly defects in Word's HTML output start to dumb down the submission format.

IMO, there's a problem if the need for automated - vs manually assisted - checks to code and ABNF, and many other of the "requirements" that have come out of this discussion, such as containment marking suddenly dumb down our ability to use widely available word processing software to write an ID or RFC.

Joe