[rfc-i] Nobody uses Word, was Proposed new RFC submission requirements

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Mon May 28 06:59:11 PDT 2012

I think the test is irrelevant

Caveman format is really difficult to produce. I have had people complain
that it cost them $1000 to have a secretary produce a draft in that format.

The fact that Word is not suited for authoring a ridiculous obsolete format
is like saying that an iPod can't play 78 RPM records.

I think a lot of people are likely to use word if there is a reasonable
production chain and not if there isn't.

I write many early drafts of documents in Word because there is outlining.
Then I cut and paste into XML2RFC to produce caveman format.

Website: http://hallambaker.com/