[rfc-i] Who uses Word, was Proposed new RFC submission requirements

John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Sun May 27 11:38:42 PDT 2012

> I maintain the tools. You can also search IDs and RFCs for the phrase "This document was prepared using 2-Word-v2.0.template.dot." I've asked authors to keep that in so we can track them (though absence of the phrase doesn't mean they're not using the template).

Ah, that makes it easy, at least if you're not limited to what
point-and-click systems provide.

I grepped for that string, and found it in eight documents starting at RFC
5282, or slightly under 0.5% of the last two thousand RFCs.

It's hard to see a "requirement" to cripple the RFC format to support such
a little used and semantically deficient editing tool.

Regards,