[rfc-i] Who uses Word, was Proposed new RFC submission requirements

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Sun May 27 11:29:22 PDT 2012

On May 27, 2012, at 7:05 AM, John Levine wrote:

>> And why exactly should that influence our choices? Because one tool
>> generates bad HTML that's what our baseline will be?
>
> I'm getting the impression that there is only one remaining author of
> I-Ds who uses Word.  I don't see anything from the authors of RFC
> 3285 more recently than five years ago.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3285

See the "obsoleted by" part.

FYI:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5385

I maintain the tools. You can also search IDs and RFCs for the phrase "This document was prepared using 2-Word-v2.0.template.dot." I've asked authors to keep that in so we can track them (though absence of the phrase doesn't mean they're not using the template).

Joe