[rfc-i] Who uses Word, was Proposed new RFC submission requirements

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Sun May 27 07:05:03 PDT 2012

>And why exactly should that influence our choices? Because one tool
>generates bad HTML that's what our baseline will be?

I'm getting the impression that there is only one remaining author of
I-Ds who uses Word.  I don't see anything from the authors of RFC
3285 more recently than five years ago.  That would put Word support
in the same category as, say, teco support, nice to have but not worth
any effort by anyone other than the teco user.

How many people use Word to write I-Ds?  Feel free to speak up.  If
your name is Joe, please don't, we already know that you use it.

R's,
John