[rfc-i] Towards Consensus

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Sat May 26 20:41:45 PDT 2012

Whatever the mechanism that is finally decided for publishing the documents
(data URIs, whatever) they are still going to incorporate multiple content
types and thus be compound documents from a practical point of view.

If you want to author such a document you are almost certainly going to
keep all the documents separate until your final build process.

Since tools to convert a Web page and associated documents to a single HTML
file with data: URIs do not currently exist, the simplest way to realize
such an interface today would be to tell someone to display the file in
their browser, save it as 'Web Page Complete' (the Chrome description) or
'html archive' or whatever and then submit the resulting file in the normal
way.

These are still compound documents though since there is more than one
content type involved. If there is an ABNF portion that has to be
syntactically correct before it becomes an RFC.

I look forward to the day when instead of having the document shepherd
having to check all this stuff manually, the tools do that for them.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/