[rfc-i] Towards Consensus

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Sat May 26 08:22:20 PDT 2012

In the unlikely event that presentation is going to affect semantics,
any discussion should use the presentation format least likely to
result in ambiguity or error.

That is HTML or PDF/A, it is not plaintext format which is the least
effective one.

I agree that we frequently refer to an old RFC to determine what
should happen. I just find the idea that the RFCs are so excellent and
precious that arguing over which one is the authoritative to be rather
far fetched.

The only relevance to the discussion here would be if someone wanted
to insist that the plaintext version had to be the authoritative one.
Which would of course serve no other purpose than to prevent use of
any of the features of HTML that make it more effective.

Website: http://hallambaker.com/