[rfc-i] Containment considered harmful

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Sat May 26 02:01:11 PDT 2012

-1

Lack of containment for sections means that processing software cannot
be fully aware of the document structure, and that is serious restriction.

I would agree with a requirement that the authoring tools should not
require the author to set up the containment manually. With xml2rfc,
I've learnt the hard way always to annotate the </section>:

<section anchor="intro" title="Introduction">
</section> <!-- intro -->

Regards
   Brian