[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Fri May 25 09:59:30 PDT 2012

On 5/25/12 9:21 AM, "Joe Touch" <touch at isi.edu> wrote:

> I don't think we should muck with formats to avoid an optician.

However, if we have the opportunity to improve the accessibility of our
normative specs, we shouldn't avoid making progress.

One of the folks on my team is low-sighted.  He sees four of almost
everything in his field of vision, and tends to get within inches of a
high-def monitor in order to really make out text.

He's also one of the best programmers, debuggers, and implementers of IETF
specifications that we have, so I'm not willing to let you get away with
telling me that we ought to fire him in order to hire someone without those
physical restrictions.

In the past, the computer industry didn't have to worry about accessibility,
and we were able to blithely ignore the needs of others.  The world, the
regulatory environment, and the industry have changed since then.

--
Joe Hildebrand