[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Thu May 24 14:48:39 PDT 2012

> I was the one who wrote that back-end, updating it from a preliminary version
> that wasn't full-featured. I can revise that within the limitations of what
> Word can do - I'm worried about needing to insert a CSS file, or generate
> custom tags per se. I'm not saying we can't do it, but I want to know we can
> before we toss it out the window.

There's a zillion format converters for document formats in various versions of
Word.  If it turns out that there's more than one person who wants to use Word
to edit I-D's, I don't think it would be a big deal to find someone with
experience in writing them to do a converter to and from whatever format we
pick.

As a prototype, it should be reasonably straightforward to do it outboard, to
and from the mess that is DOCX format.

Regards,