[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Thu May 24 13:39:54 PDT 2012

On 5/24/12 2:35 PM, "Joe Touch" <touch at isi.edu> wrote:

> On 5/24/2012 10:44 AM, Joe Hildebrand wrote:
>> One thing that would help this would be to edit HTML instead of xml2rfc's
>> XML format.  The tooling would flow much more naturally.
>
> I haven't seen HTML editing "tools" that are anything but rudimentary;
> editing in a full-scale word processor is more reasonable, but more
> difficult to map to HTML markings.

Although I somewhat agree with this statement, I'm not sure what to do about
it.  I don't think we should pick a word processor's format as the one we
use for submission.  If you're able to generate output with Word today, I
bet someone can change the back-end of that to generate something else.

--
Joe Hildebrand