[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Thu May 24 13:38:31 PDT 2012

On 5/24/2012 11:54 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2012-05-24 20:35, Joe Touch wrote:
>>> But they are shifted inconsistently when part of the indentation uses
>>> characters which are not the same width.
>>
>> I changed the txt to Times (i.e., this isn't from the source file, but
>> from the txt) - see here:
>>
>> http://www.isi.edu/touch/rfc-i-2012.gif
>>
>> It seems to indent fine enough.
>
> Depends on what you call "fine enough".
>
> In the second line, the first word ("traffic") clearly is not aligned
> with the line above ("Compute").

Yeah, I consider that more than fine enough.

> Things get worse when you have labeled indentations.

The subsequent lines get indented differently than the first, but it's
consistent. That can be fixed a number of ways, not the least of which
is having the source generate indentations that align all the text,
rather than trying to indent to match the label, e.g.:

	a. one two three...
	four five six...
	seven eight nine

Joe