[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Thu May 24 11:17:57 PDT 2012

On 2012-05-24 20:02, Joe Touch wrote:
> That's going to be a problem with ANY figure - any figure that's so
> large that seeing the whole thing leaves no room for readable text
> labels when zoomed out will require zoom out-on.

Indeed. That's why I want to select a size that is good for reading, and
have the reflowable text (sic) use the full width of the screen. When
artwork is too wide I can still scroll.

> I.e., that will persist even when we go to SVG, GIF, or any other figure
> mechanism. The best solution that are guidelines as to how big fonts
> should be relative to a figure - which we may want to do as we move
> forward, or we may just accept the zoom in-out as a reasonable tradeoff
> for large figures.
>
> I.e., this isn't limited to ASCII figures.

No, but it's particularly bad with ASCII figures, and prose around it
that is limited to the same line width.

Best regards, Julian