Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Thu May 24 11:10:49 PDT 2012

Are other folks on this list happy with the proposal to require xml2rfc as mandatory for the input format for RFC publishing? This would apply to all the streams (Independent, IRTF, and IAB), not just IETF documents.

My personal preference would be to make text the input format, with the expectation that the RFC Editor would continue to add the necessary markup (possibly starting from XML, if it is submitted) and produce the different formats. I am particularly concerned about making input to the RFC series harder fro the Independent Stream.

--Paul Hoffman