[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Thu May 24 11:02:38 PDT 2012

On 5/24/2012 10:58 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2012-05-24 19:45, Joe Touch wrote:

>>> Even an iPad doesn't work well right now.
>>
>> How so? It's trivial to make the text as wide as the device and scroll
>> as you read. For page-size figures, it's trivial to zoom out.
>
> When I resize the text so that artwork displays, the font size becomes
> too small for me to read comfortably (in portrait mode).

That's going to be a problem with ANY figure - any figure that's so
large that seeing the whole thing leaves no room for readable text
labels when zoomed out will require zoom out-on.

I.e., that will persist even when we go to SVG, GIF, or any other figure
mechanism. The best solution that are guidelines as to how big fonts
should be relative to a figure - which we may want to do as we move
forward, or we may just accept the zoom in-out as a reasonable tradeoff
for large figures.

I.e., this isn't limited to ASCII figures.

Joe