[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Thu May 24 09:47:30 PDT 2012

On 5/24/2012 8:06 AM, Joe Hildebrand wrote:
> On 5/24/12 8:54 AM, "Joe Touch"<touch at isi.edu>  wrote:
>> Sure - but you're moving the problem and inconvenience to those who want
>> printouts.
>
> Please tell me what the inconvenience is, so I can try to address it.

- the ability to prevent page breaks across groups of output
	e.g., diagrams at a minimum

- the ability to generate either page numbers or section numbers on each
page
	if page numbers, a TOC

And, of course, compatibility with a reasonable variety of tools that
either exist or are at least provided before we make a decision.

BTW, the killer for me for HTML is the lack of WYSIWYG structural
editing, but that's not a printout problem.

Joe