[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Thu May 24 08:54:39 PDT 2012

On 5/24/12 9:27 AM, "Yoav Nir" <ynir at checkpoint.com> wrote:

> How about this wording for the requirements:
>
> In order to facilitate both on-screen viewing and printed output, the RFC
> Editor will produce output in at least the following two formats:
>
>  - HTML that works well on browsers, and acceptably on small screens. There
> will be no pagination on the HTML version
>  - PDF that is set with fonts and margins such that it will print well on both
> A4 and US Legal. The PDF will have page numbers on the pages and in the TOC
>
> Tools will be provided to convert input drafts to both these formats
> (preferably from all of XML, Nroff, and the Word document using the template)
>
> Does this meet everybody's requirements?

The important question is what MUST be submitted to the RFC editor in order
to enable her to generate all of these formats.  I would suggest that the
lineprinter format does not have enough tagging of content to make the
generation easy enough.  The two formats that we have that could be made to
work are xml2rfc and HTML, afaict.

--
Joe Hildebrand