[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Thu May 24 08:26:48 PDT 2012

On 2012-05-24 17:17, Joe Touch wrote:

> On May 24, 2012, at 8:05 AM, Julian Reschke<julian.reschke at gmx.de>  wrote:
>
>> BS. People who want to print out are inconvenienced *right now*.
>
> There are PDFs right nw that print on most things fine.

The key issue is the canonical format that people find when getting the
"official" version of the RFC. *That* needs to work well.

It's nice to have alternate versions in different places, but these will
only help people who already know they exist.

>>> I don't agree with optimizing for phones and tiny readers vs paper and full size readers and laptop screens.
>>
>> Full size readers benefit from a richer format as much as small devices.
>
> There is HTML right now with links too.

Paginated, not reflowing, links based on heuristics so sometimes broken,
no way for the author to provide more specific links.

> Again, is this all just to view the txt version on a phone?

Again, no. You can stop asking now.