[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Thu May 24 08:07:47 PDT 2012

On 24 May 2012, at 16:58 , Joe Touch wrote:

> what *functional* requirements does txt not meet on smartphones?

I don't think anyone is saying that we should change the RFC format for the sole purpose of improving the appearance of RFCs on smartphones. However, once we're making changes it makes sense to consider what needs to be done to make RFCs display better on smartphones and then see if that extra work and/or the tradeoffs are worth it.

I guess I came a bit late to discussion, why did it get started in the first place? Would it be a reasonable outcome of this process to stick with formatted ASCII or perhaps formatted UTF-8?