[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Thu May 24 01:58:51 PDT 2012

On 24 May 2012, at 5:55 , Joe Hildebrand wrote:

> The folks that don't like the lineprinter format have specific functional
> requirements that the status quo does not offer.

There is one feature that's important for printing that is not available in browsers today as far as I know: having a table of contents with page number references.

However, a few browsers that I tested are capable of page numbering, so taking that next step seems like something that could happen at some point in the future. Until that time people who want to have a table of contents with page numbers in it would have to use an alternative PDF or formatted ASCII version of an RFC.