[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Wed May 23 20:55:28 PDT 2012

On 5/23/12 9:10 PM, "Joe Touch" <touch at isi.edu> wrote:

>> It looks pretty putrid on my Kindle, tiny type and page headers and

>> footers at arbitrary ugly places.  As I've noted before

>> xmlrfc->html->mobi looks great.

> Comparable to the quality of printouts of HTML.

You haven't answered my question about what *functional* features you're
missing from printed HTML.  I understand that the current state-of-the art
doesn't have adequate controls over widows and orphans, but that's an
aesthetic issue that doesn't impair your undersatnding of the doc.

Based on some tests I performed today, support for page-break-before and
page-break-after is a little hit-and-miss, but page-break-inside works well,
and that's the one I care about most so that examples don't break pages when

The folks that don't like the lineprinter format have specific functional
requirements that the status quo does not offer.

Joe Hildebrand