[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Wed May 23 20:55:28 PDT 2012

On 5/23/12 9:10 PM, "Joe Touch" <touch at isi.edu> wrote:

>> It looks pretty putrid on my Kindle, tiny type and page headers and

>> footers at arbitrary ugly places.  As I've noted before

>> xmlrfc->html->mobi looks great.

> Comparable to the quality of printouts of HTML.

You haven't answered my question about what *functional* features you're
missing from printed HTML.  I understand that the current state-of-the art
doesn't have adequate controls over widows and orphans, but that's an
aesthetic issue that doesn't impair your undersatnding of the doc.

Based on some tests I performed today, support for page-break-before and
page-break-after is a little hit-and-miss, but page-break-inside works well,
and that's the one I care about most so that examples don't break pages when
possible.

The folks that don't like the lineprinter format have specific functional
requirements that the status quo does not offer.

--
Joe Hildebrand