[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Wed May 23 15:04:02 PDT 2012

>> Printing the current format is an absolute mess, unless you
>> have a vintage line printer.
>
>Not true. I regularly print I-Ds and occasionally RFCs in
>"booklet" format on all kinds of printers (as long as they
>support that format of course, but it seems to be widespread
>on duplex printers).
>
>If they didn't have a standardised pagination and form feeds
>it would be much harder.

Depends on your tools.  On my computer, programs like enscript
do a dandy job of paginating text files, and formatting them
two-up or whatever.

As I said in a recent message, my concern is to have a format
that tools can manage effectively, not necessarily one that
I can print using "cat".

R's,
John