[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Tue May 22 19:37:35 PDT 2012

* Martin Rex wrote:
>Since RFCs do NOT change after publication, the preformatted page
>numbers are completely stable and there is *NO* confusion about what
>page 87 of rfc1122 refers to.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1122#page-87 seems to refer to page 86.
Does the page number precede or follow the page? Is the Abstract in the
plain text version on page 0 or on page 1? Given that RFC 1122 seems to
end with "Page 116", it seems page numbers are at the bottom, so page 0
seems to be the first one. Books normally start at page 1, after some
non-counted pages perhaps. I would call that confusing...