[rfc-i] feedback on draft-hoffman-rfcformat-canon-others-00, was: RFC Format - final requirements and next steps

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Thu May 17 15:46:01 PDT 2012

On May 17, 2012, at 11:45 AM, Joe Touch wrote:

> UTF8 includes all the ASCII control chars.

So does ASCII. No smiley here.

> We probably still need to exclude all but a subset of them (as with current RFCs).

It depends on what you mean by "we". My proposal has many places where I assume that Heather will not do something obviously stupid, so I don't have to list every stupid thing she might do followed by "don't do that, it's stupid". This is such a place.

> We probably also need to define what we expect happens to invalid sequences and "Private Use" sequences, or to prohibit their use as well.

And so is that.

--Paul Hoffman