Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Thu May 17 06:52:31 PDT 2012

On 2012-05-17 15:27, Joe Hildebrand wrote:
> I'm experimenting with this:
>
> @media screen {
>    p[id]:active:after {
>      content: " [#" attr(id) "]";
>    }
> }
>
> This has the effect of showing the paragraph id after the paragraph, when
> you click on the paragraph.  It's not very good, because you can't
> copy/paste the fragment, click on it meaningfully, etc - but at least you
> can see it only when you want to.
>
> This would be really easy with JavaScript, of course; what we're hoping for
> is some variant of the Purple Pilcrow (http://goo.gl/ujlfO), but created
> only with CSS.
>
> I'm open to ideas.

I have experimented with that a long time ago. As far as I recall, I
never made that a default because it auto generates content that get's
in the way when copying text somewhere else (such as into an email).

An alternative would be to simply make the first word in the paragraph a
clickable link (styled so it's not annyoing) which links to the
paragraph anchor:

Best regards, Julian