Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Thu May 17 06:27:08 PDT 2012

I'm experimenting with this:

@media screen {
  p[id]:active:after {
    content: " [#" attr(id) "]";
  }

This has the effect of showing the paragraph id after the paragraph, when
you click on the paragraph.  It's not very good, because you can't
copy/paste the fragment, click on it meaningfully, etc - but at least you
can see it only when you want to.

This would be really easy with JavaScript, of course; what we're hoping for
is some variant of the Purple Pilcrow (http://goo.gl/ujlfO), but created
only with CSS.

I'm open to ideas.

Joe Hildebrand