Ole Jacobsen ole at cisco.com
Tue May 15 13:19:03 PDT 2012

As someone who has been around (mostly print) publishing for 25 years,
I must say that I find this discussion a little strange. A *major*
concern of anyone involved in print publishing is presentation and
readability. If you throw all that out the window and opt for user-
selectable fonts, formatting, re-flowed text, artwork that moves, and
so on for the sake of "small devices," then I think you've given up
part of the original idea which was to make RFCs more readable and
presentable in a world where our "competition" pays a lot of attention
to those features.

This is not to say that the new format, whatever it turns out to be,
should not be device-friendly, but I am puzzled by the focus on
engineered solutions without a clear set of "design requirements"
if I may use that term.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole at cisco.com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj
Skype: organdemo