[rfc-i] Pagination requirements

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Tue May 15 10:32:51 PDT 2012

On 5/15/12 11:13 AM, "Martin Rex" <mrex at sap.com> wrote:

> There would be the option for the visualization software to display
> the page break with a simple horizontal line instead of
> 2 blank lines + footer + FF + header + 2 blank lines,
> and only the actual size of the latter seems to be the contentious issue.

Pages are an artifact of a world that is soon to no longer exist; I'd say
this is one of the reasons why we're building an Internet in the first
place.

The only case I think for page numbers is so that if you drop a printout,
you can easily reorder the pages without printing again.

In other words, I disagree thoroughly with all of the assertions that we
need page numbers in any of the electronic forms of documents.

--
Joe Hildebrand