Martin Rex mrex at sap.com
Tue May 15 08:28:54 PDT 2012

Julian Reschke wrote:

> Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> >
> > Indeed. And since we allow internal page references, getting rid of
> > page numbers is not an option.

Page numbers are extremely useful!

> Pre-paginated output should be the exception. In consequence, fixed page
> number references are something we need to get rid of. We have section
> numbers for a reason.

You're confusing a means for grouping information by topic (=sections)
and location information for the purpose of easy navigation (=pages).

You're suggesting that "where Julian lives" is a suitable location
information an we should be getting rid of postal / street addresses.

-Martin